By Shayna Stephens
With temperatures on the rise, it helps to grab a cool treat. Ice cream can do the trick, but it can get messy. A shake is the best of both worlds – clean and cool. We have searched high and low for the Valley’s best deals and shakes and, without further ado, here are the top five shakes that are sure to quench your thirst and cool you down.
5. Sweet Republic: Located in North Scottsdale, on Shea and 92nd Street, Sweet Republic is a staple for locals and visitors. The menu boasts delectable treats like its sundaes and floats. The real gold is found on its shake menu. The most popular one is the salted caramel shake, a little beauty with three scoops of salted butter caramel ice cream, milk, whipped cream and caramel drizzle. Simply divine!
4. Sweet Provisions: Looking for a customizable shake to satisfy your sweet tooth? Look no further than Sweet Provisions, the sweets and dessert shop from Christopher Collins and Common Ground Culinary. Guests can’t go wrong with the $6 Shake’d Your Way, created with the freshest ingredients and a local dairy. The shake has ice cream, whole milk and the customer’s choice of goodies like salty caramel, fudge and chocolate chips. The customers are in control, making this a must-have treat.
3. Sizzle & Cheese and Taste of Chase: Who says the ballpark is only for hot dogs and nachos? It’s also home to one of the top shakes in the Valley. During this season’s home games be sure to check out Sizzle & Cheese and Taste of Chase for their heavenly strawberry cheesecake shake. This savory treat is made with Danzeisen strawberry milk, soft serve, strawberries, graham cracker crumbs, New York cheesecake, whipped cream, chocolate and finished off with a graham cracker rim. No matter what the scoreboard says, you’ll be in heaven munching on this sweet treat.
2. Splurge at the Orchard: Add some sparkle to your life with the unicorn milkshake from Splurge at the Orchard. With bubble gum ice cream and topped with a swirl lollipop, mini cones, vanilla-frosting rim and rainbow sprinkles, this will surely give you the ultimate sugar rush. To make things even better this magical concoction is on the permanent menu.
1. Zuzu: The Showstopper Shake from Zuzu, located within Hotel Valley Ho in Old Town Scottsdale, is amazing. This month’s creation, the chocolate peanut butter banana shake, is Elvis-inspired and is a sugary treat. It has a chocolate peanut shake base, caramel bacon sticky bun, chocolate banana cookie slider and topped with a slew of goodies. Each month a new Showstopper Shake is released so make sure to keep an eye out in the upcoming months!